O’Reilly Says “Completely Unsubstantiated Claims” Led to His Firing from Fox News

O’Reilly Says “Completely Unsubstantiated Claims” Led to His Firing from Fox News

Former Fox News Host Bill O’Reilly on Wednesday said it was “completely unsubstantiated claims” of sexual harassment against him that led to his departure from the Conservative news network.

“It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims,” O’Reilly said in a statement.

O’Reilly said that his show, “significantly contributed to” the network’s success.

“I wish only the best for Fox News Channel,” continued.

Ther New York Times reported earlier this month that at least five women had been paid a total of $13 million in settlements from O’Reilly or 21st Century Fox, after accusing the longtime host of sexual harassment or other inappropriate behavior.

In letting him go, 21st Century Fox said after “a thorough and careful review of the allegations” O’Reilly would “not be returning.”

via Talking Points Memo

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Digg this

Comments

comments